Buddhist Music


Monday, October 22, 2007

Karma

Karma is a Sanskrit word and simply means "action." It operates in the universe as the continuous chain reaction of cause and effect. It is not only looked upon in a physical sense but many people look at karma in a moral way. "A good cause, a good effect; a bad cause a bad effect" is a common saying. Who we are also reflects more of what we think. Our character is dependent on ones "good" thoughts, actions, and words. At the same time, if one thinks degrading things, those thoughts influence him into negative words and actions. When analyzing the religion of Buddhism it is preached that one must act while thinking about karma because his actions will return to him no matter if they are good or bad actions.

information is from http://buddhism.kalachakranet.org/karma.html

7 comments:

Laura said...

Apparently they make bumper stickers that say "My karma ran over my dogma." I really want to find one!
p.s. I like the Budhist music!

Ari said...

it's interesting learning how karma is a part of buddhism. i thought it was something seperate from religions! also, i like the music too!

Ari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Islam said...

That's interesting that one must act while thinking about karma because his actions will return to him no matter if they are good or bad actions. I never knew that!

Caitlin M

alexh said...

Very interesting blog and nice music! I think the idea of Karma makes one think twice before doing because it's a cycle. Everything you do can end up helping you or hurting you when coming back into a new caste.

DP said...

i uses the term karma alot. i thing it makes you sound kinda smart and worldly. And i offten find it to be true. When i do somthing good i feel good and notic all the good things that happen to me, and vic versa. But maybe its just all mental..

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.